I started 2011 at a different job, lost the job in January, and spent until August out of work. While that is hard in itself, it did afford me plenty of time for training. Since returning to the work force, time is limited and it has proven to be a challenge to get the training in, and still have time for homework, rest days, football watching (if you can call what the Dolphins and USF did this year football), etc. So the FIRST goal will be to figure out a way to get everything in. A huge goal by itself.
My schedule for 2012, as of today, is this:
- Disney Marathon (January 7th)
- St. Pete Rock and Roll Half Marathon (February 12th)
- Wish 100 Century Ride (February 19th)
- Michelob Ultra [15k/5k/13.1/5+3] (March 3-4)
- St. Anthony's Triathlon (April 29th)
- Ironman Florida 70.3 (May 20th)
- Crystal River 1 (May 26th)
- Crystal River 2 (June 30th)
- Crystal River 3 (September 1)
- Disney Wine and Dine (November ??)
That's a pretty full slate, but I think it is spread out enough that it will be OK and doable, as long as we don't get crazy and start adding races in "willy nilly".
So, as far as my Goals are concerned, they are these:
- Sub 15:00 Overall Pace at Disney Marathon
- Sub 3:00:00 Overall Time at St. Pete RnR
- Sub 30:00 Mile Swimming Pace
- Sub 30:00 5K
- Top Ten in Clydesdale Group at Crystal River 1, 2, or 3
- 1:43:00 at Crystal River (S 8:00 / B 50:00 / R 45:00)
- 3:40:00 at St. Anthony's (S 30:00 / B 1:30:00 / R 1:30:00)
- 7:10:00 at Ironman Florida 70.3 (S 40:00 / B 3:00:00 / R 3:30:00)
Now they are in writing. To those reading this with racing experience, am I being too easy or too hard, or about right? The biggest "jumps" would be in the Crystal River races (PB is 2:57:00 so would have to cut 14 minutes), Half Marathon (current PB is 3:07:00 so would need 7 minutes, plus I need to finish St. Pete's under 2:55:00 to be allowed to continue). The sub-30:00 5K may not be doable. Current best is 36:00 and running a sub 30 would mean a pace under 10:00 (PB is 11:14).
Thoughts and Advice is always welcome.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!